Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lesson 2 - October 8th 2011; Human Proportions

Hello again my dear students. :D
Like last week I will be asking ya'll to do 5 gestures of Objects and 5 of People/Animals :3 [rember this'll be a reoccuring assignment XD]
Khisakitty directed me to a great resource for photos [especially if you want a timed environment, which I'd encourage :3]
For Humans: http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
For Animals: http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/animalanatomy.php

The secoud half of your assignment will be to draw this guy from all angles.
Since I'm not the best at this exercise myself, I'll provide you with the reference I used [Thank you "Andrew Loomis; Figure drawing for all it worth" Ps, highly recocmmended book, using it made humans easier to draw for me personally. :3]
Hopefully this isn't too risky for ya'll, if it is lemme' know, and I'll think up an alternate assignment [but going the human route of realism... its kind of hard to avoid such things, and this does seem that bad imo]

Now I want you all to choose either the 8 heads model or the 7 heads model
The one with all views is the 8 heads model. [Remember you are doing front, back, and side view, for you choice]
Keep in mind with the 7 head model, the feet take up a block of their own :3






If you're freehanding the assignment on paper, hopefully you all have a ruler. I'd say draw 9 horizontal lines [make sure you do them evenly space, this is importantant to do.]
Then for from view draw 3 verticle lines, and make sure each box is square. :3

If you're too lazy for that or would prefer using the computer here's a chart you all can either draw on or print out if you have a printer: http://voiii.deviantart.com/art/DAU-Human-Proportions-Chart-262468927


Also here's a thing I describe a few things I felt like noting down
In case they could be possibly helpful [forgot to note that elboew should be lined up, and that shoulder'll be slightly below the line]
Also note anything you seemed to realize when working on them, that I haven't stated. :D

[I just realized I myself messed up on the head on the side view...]

Now for grading, this is like a minimum, but I will also keep in mind to how much you seemed to try to get things right [I will most likel be lienient, so no stress. I should probably switch to a points system....]

TIP: try to draw a bit before working on these guys, even if its just swirly lines on the paper, it'll help loosen you up a bit :3
A  - Completed all 3 views, plus gesture assignment
B  - Completes 2 views, plus gesture assignment
C  - Completes 1 view, plus gesture assignment
D  - Completes 1 view
F   - Failed to meet minimum requirement for a D

Have fun class :D

1 comment:

  1. Where should we be posting our assignments as it doesn't appear you have a folder for you classes?

    ReplyDelete